As we are strong believers in precision optics, we have installed a truly amazing piece of ophthalmic equipment from Carl Zeiss Vision, the i.Terminal.
We are proud to be able to say we have the first i.Terminal in Missouri and the only one in Columbia.
The i.Terminal is a unique dispensary system that combines advanced fitting and measurement precision with enhanced patient consultation in one simple process. Employing a precision digital camera and a computerized measuring system, the i.Terminal photographs patients wearing their chosen frames. The i.Terminal then provides essential dispensing functions such as:
• Measures monocular interpupillary distances, fitting heights, pantoscopic angle and back vertex distance automatically.
• Creates a photo image for review by the patient and dispenser.
• Provides interactive demonstrations of lens enhancements.
Sophisticated modern progressive lenses offer unsurpassed optical performance. However, the performance of these lenses is still limited by the accuracy of their fitting and centration. Even small errors in fitting measurements can result in up to a 25% reduction in progressive viewing zone alignment and lens performance. By consistently delivering the most precise measurements, i.Terminal assures that you receive the best possible visual experience from your lenses.
Choosing a lens enhancement can be made simple by use of the i.Terminal. It allows patients to see themselves in their frame of choice and with the enhancements recommended by the doctor or the dispenser.
• Displays the images of the patient in their chosen frame for review with the dispenser.
• Allows patients with strong prescriptions to see how their frames will look when worn.
• The enhanced mirror allows the dispenser to add tints, photochromics and anti reflective surfaces to the patients image, allowing them to see how lens enhancements look and function.
Michael Myers, ABOC